2012 GEORGE DEBUSK HONEY SHOW RULES
1. One must be a TBA member to enter the honey show. One need not attend the convention to enter.
2. All entries must be received by 1:00 p.m. (Central Time) on Friday- first conference day.
3. Only one entry in each honey class (EH, CH, FH) may be made by a beekeeper, family, or apiary.
In the Beeswax (BW) and Photography (P) classes, each individual may enter. For example: if a husband took photo/s for each class, and his wife took photo/s; both may enter the same class/es.
All entries must be the product of the entrant’s apiary and have been produced since the previous
TBA Honey Show in 2011.
Class EH1 One 1 pound jar of extracted, light honey
Class EH2 One 1 pound jar of extracted, amber honey
Class EH3 One 1 pound jar of extracted, dark honey
Class CH4 One 1 pound cylindrical or pint of chunk, light honey
Class CH5 One 1 pound cylindrical or pint of chunk, dark honey
Class FH6 One frame of light honey (Shallow, Medium, or Deep)
Class FH7 One frame of dark honey (Shallow, Medium, or Deep)
1. Extracted honey entries must be in a traditional glass queen line or classic jar and have
plain metal or plastic lids.
2. Chunk honey entries must be in a regular or wide mouth pint jar with a one or two piece
lid with seal.
3. Frame honey entries must be displayed in a bee-proof case having both sides made of
transparent glass or plastic.
BEESWAX ENTRIES: (please wrap wax items in plastic wrap)
Class BW8 One entry of beeswax, one pound minimum
Class BW9 One candle
Class BW10 One entry of a beeswax product (creams, lotions, salves, polishes, etc.)
Beeswax product entries shall be accompanied by a 3x5 inch card stating what the product is
and how the product is to be used (face cream, hand lotion, lip balm, furniture polish, etc.)
Class P1 Close-up Print: Subject must relate to Beekeeping
Class P2 Scenic Print: Apiary subject, such as flowers, hives, etc.
Class P3 Portrait Print: A person or beekeeping procedure in an appropriate setting
Class P4 Essay Print: A set of from 7 to 10 pictures depicting a beekeeping story
1. Prints must be 5" by 7" or larger, mounted on a mounting board that extends at least one inch beyond the print on each side. NO frames are permitted. Essay prints may be mounted on one board.
2. Prints may be black and white OR color.
3. Photographs can be entered only once in any TBA Honey/Photography Show.
4. Each photography entry shall be accompanied by a 3x5 inch card with photo title and category.
5. Brief captions may accompany Essay Prints, and their order must be clearly indicated.
6. Competition is for amateurs only, not professional photographers.
7. WINNERS must consent to have their photo/s published.
ALL VIEWING WILL BE DONE AFTER JUDGING THIS YEAR.
Meigs County Fair
2012 Honey Show Rules
Fair Dates September 4th – 8th
1. Adult exhibits are open to resident of Meigs County and surrounding area.
Youth exhibit entries are open to Meigs County youth only.
2. Entries in all classes shall be brought to the Meigs County Fairgrounds to the Exhibit Building on September 3rd.
3. Only one entry per class.
4. Judging will be done on September 4th. Fair will open at 5pm September 4th.
5. Premiums will be paid by Meigs County Fair Association by check when exhibits are picked up.
6. Entries should have been prepared since September 2011 or never exhibited at the Meigs County Fair.
LOT 111 - Honey
*Class 1: Strained Honey, Light (quart)
*Class 2: Strained Honey, Dark (quart)
*Class 3: Comb Honey, Light (quart)
*Class 4: Comb Honey, Dark (quart)
1st place - $3
2nd place - $2
3rd place - $1
Polk County Fair
2012 Honey Show Rules
Fair Dates September 9th – 15th
1. Only one entry per lot per beekeeping family.
2. Sale of honey from booth is allowed if labeled according to state regulations.
3. Entries in all classes shall be brought to the Polk County Fairgrounds Saturday, September 8th, 10am-5pm and Sunday, September 9th, 1pm-4pm.
4. Judging will be done September 10th. Fair will open at 6pm September 10th
139.01 - 1LB Queenline Jar Strained
139.02 - Pint Jar Strained
139.03 - Quart Jar Strained
139.04 - Any Other Size Jar Strained
139.05 - 1LB Jar with Comb
139.06 - Pint Jar with Comb
139.07 - Quart Jar with Comb
139.08 - Light Honey-Any Other size jar with comb
140.01 - 1LB Queenline Jar Strained
140.02 - Pint Jar Strained
140.03 - Quart Jar Strained
140.04 - Any Other Size Jar Strained
140.05 - 1LB Jar with Comb
140.06 - Pint Jar with Comb
140.07 - Quart Jar with Comb
140.08 - Light Honey-Any Other size jar with comb
142.01 - Bees Wax 1/2LB or Larger
142.02 - Frame of Honey
142.03 - Hive Observation, Any Race of Bees
1st place - $4
2nd place - $3
3rd place - $2